Bake a batch of these easy cookies with just 4 ingredients. A prefect partner to a cup of tea.
These cookies tastes really amazing plain but you could always spice things up with raisins or some chocolate chips.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BASIC COOKIES
HOW TO MAKE BASIC COOKIES
1. In a bowl mix together margarine and icing sugar until fluffy. The mixture should look pale in colour.
2. Add in the eggs one at and mix until well incorporated.
If you would like to flavour the cookies, add in the flavourings at this point. You could add in vanilla extract/ almond extract/ cinnamon among others.
3. Mix in the flour to the mixture in two batches.
4. Pipe the cookies onto a greased baking tray. One could use any large piping tip or alternatively fill a piping bag and snip off the tip.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 200˚ C. When done the cookies should be golden brown in colour.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- After the cookies have cooled, store them in an air tight container in a cool dry place to ensure maximum quality.
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 125 g icing sugar
- 125 g margarine
- 2 eggs
- In a mixing bowl mix together margarine and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix the flour into the mixture in two batches.
- Pipe the cookies onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200˚ C.
- After the cookies have cooled, store them in an air tight container in a cool dry place to maintain the quality.